UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor is willing to face Nate Diaz for a third time.
But not at welterweight.
Following a majority decision win in his favor over Diaz at UFC 202 Saturday night, “Notorious” stated that he wants to complete the trilogy between the two.
“Let’s do it again, but this time at 155 pounds,” McGregor said. “On my territory so come down and we’ll do it.”
Diaz earned the first victory in the series earlier this year with a second round rear-naked choke submission. This time, McGregor used his precise striking to control the majority of the action despite suffering fatigue and a possible broken foot.
Using leg kicks to wear on Diaz, McGregor said that he “took them better than I expected.”
“He brought out the best in me,” McGregor said. “I had to reset in the fourth. I learned from the first contest.”