twitter google

Brock Lesnar’s Octagon Career “Is Over,” Resigns With WWE

brock lesnar

Brock Lesnar, the reigning WWE heavyweight champion, appeared on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” Tuesday evening and confirmed that he will not be returning to the UFC.

Lesnar, who faces Roman Reigns this Sunday night at WrestleMania 31, previously held the UFC heavyweight championship. Rumors of a potential return to the Octagon have been floating around, as his contract with the pro wrestling promotion was set to expire after this coming weekend.

He did confirm that a new contract with the WWE was signed on Monday night. Lesnar stated that the offer was one he “could not refuse.”

“I’m really happy where I’m at with the WWE,” Lesnar said. “I’m officially closing the door on MMA. It was hard.

“The older you are, the wiser you become. I didn’t want to be that guy who retired and came back.”

Lesnar’s last MMA fight came in 2011 when her lost via TKO to Alistair Overeem. He won the heavyweight title in 2008 with a finish of Randy Couture, going 5-3 overall.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Lesnar stated that UFC executives phoned him with another offer as he was driving to his ESPN interview. Also, he said the deal presented to him to return to MMA was “10 times” what he was making earlier in his career.

Lesnar added that as recently as last week he was debating the decision.