twitter google

Benson Henderson Ready To Go “Next Weekend” After UFN 59 Defeat

ufc fight night 59

Benson Henderson is stuck in the first losing streak of his career, coming out on the wrong end of a decision to Donald Cerrone Sunday night at UFC Fight Night 59.

Last year, Henderson (21-5) suffered the first knockout loss, falling to Rafael dos Anjos. He is now just 2-3 in his last five, including a submission defeat to current champion Anthony Pettis.

“Sign me up for next weekend,” Henderson said. “Let’s go. Anybody. Anytime. Anywhere.”

Henderson had topped Cerrone twice before, with both fights coming in the WEC. “Cowboy” stepped up on two weeks notice as a replacement for Eddie Alvarez, but “Smooth” didn’t want to use that as an excuse.

Instead, he vowed to come back like he did after the Pettis defeat. Henderson returned a few months after that loss and defeated Josh Thomson, who entered the fight the No. 1 contender. He followed it up with a submission of Rustam Khabilov.

“It is what it is and I have to accept it, man up and move on,” he said. “I’m not gonna complain. I’m going to get better.”