twitter google

Anderson Silva’s Future In Fighting Unknown After UFC 183

ufc 183

Despite UFC president Dana White previously stating a win over Nick Diaz could vault Anderson Silva right back into title contention, “The Spider” might not want that.

Silva defeated Diaz Saturday night at UFC 183, earning his first win since a late 2012 victory over Stephen Bonnar. He had lost his last two – both to Chris Weidman – and was returning from a gruesome broken leg.

Immediately following the victory, Silva (34-6) called his family.

“My son said, ‘Dad, congratulations, but done. Back home, please. No more fight,'” Silva said, during his own post-fight press conference. “I need to talk to my family.

“I love my job; this is me. I love to fight.”

After making his way all the way back to the Octagon, the soon-to-be-40-year-old showed signs of rust early on. However, after getting into a groove, he picked Diaz apart for the better part of three rounds.

While most believed he would win convincingly, Silva knew things would not come easy vs. the former Strikeforce champion and one-time UFC title contender.

“It was going to be a difficult fight,” he said, “and that’s what it was.”

Silva did seem to be in good spirits following everything, as he references his old “Black Dana” alter-ego at the presser while fielding questions.